Saturday, September 20, 2008

Momma, Hear it?




These were the words spoken by the fabulous 3 year old. When I got off the treadmill and began my stretches in the floor. He again says, "Momma, hear it?" My mistakes was not taking my iPod out of my ears sooner. "No" was my reply. Darn.


What I would have heard was the water flowing over the sink and into the floor in the first floor bathroom had I had my Bionic Woman ears turned on. RATS! So , no, I didn't hear.

Then I hear, "BAMMMM!" This was the 11 year old hitting the floor as she rounded the corner outside of the above mentioned bathroom. Slipped on the tile floor that was flowing with the water from above mentioned sink. OUCH! Now I have to take my iPod out. Cause I heard that.


As I sprint down the stairs, I see her slowly getting up. The phone starts ringing. I start yelling "MITCHELL RYAN BENDY, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!!!!" Yes, another one of my mother of the year moments.


I managed to turn off the water, get the girl to a chair, she's not injured, thank God, answer the phone and spank the boy. All in less than a minute. So the soaking up of the water insues. That took a while. I was dumping water out of the drawers of the vanity. I went back and spanked him again.


Then I proceeded to the basement where water has slowly started to show itself in the ceiling. I begin to ponder, how much water, really?


So i drill holes and I get a first hand account of just how much water. Holy Cow! So, after 6 buckets of water. It starts to just "drip". Then the husband arrives home and demolition began. Ripping out a ceiling that was just finished 3 months ago, JUST PLAIN SUCKS! That's all I'm saying. So we get all of the damaged ceiling ripped out and find that the water is also in the heating/cooling ducts. WHAT THE @?$^%#@*@&!!!!!! So we cut a hole in that to drain. More buckets.


The insurance covered the repair. Thank goodness. Now it is as good as new.


The 3 year old is NEVER left unattended! EVER!

1 comment:

Vanillatte said...

yeah, and he's spending the weekend with muah? ha ha. I'm locking up the matches and putting locks on ALL the bathroom doors. I'm just saying.... :) He's really not that bad.